FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - South Africa - entry restrictions and rules [merged thread]
Old Dec 4, 2020, 1:07 pm
Ditto

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
ok, thanks for distinguishing that. I missed it. I suspect you're right. I don't think the airlines are going to split hairs into atomic particles every time ZA publishes an update. It's usually the case that the travellers are correcting the airline employees!
QR seems to do, as you posted above, the bigger problem here is that every airline reacts differently, and at different times too given on how things are communicated, it's hardly unique to ZA.
So today maybe one airline notice and change their policy, next week another might notice there's a change but miss the details etc. etc., to make thing even worse one needs to read through the entire list of gazettes to have the full picture.

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Where do you check for NOTAMs? I didn't realize they would include COVID restrictions. I've been grounded since February and have fallen out of practice when it comes to travelling. Last year 120k flown. This year? I drove by my local airport twice (GRR) on the way to Costco.
https://www.icao.int/safety/istars/pages/notams.aspx