FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOS <-> BDA Nonstop
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:31 pm
inet32

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Have you priced a charter 775miles x 4?. You need to pay for it go back to base, then base to BDA to pick you up for the return
Yes I have. I got one quote of $19,000 which is a little high, but it was for a bigger corporate jet than I need. Plus they're based farther from Bedford MA, than Bedford MA is from Bermuda.
Take Amtrak Boston New York and then a taxi-uber to the airport
I'd have to get to the Amtrak station somehow (since it's a 2 month trip I can't leave my car there), then there's the Amtrak waiting area, then hours on Amtrak itself, then Uber to the airport, which would be a big-city airport, with all the lines and security that entails. Each one of those steps adds more Covid risk in a country where Covid is exploding. And all of that assumes there is an Amtrak schedule that leaves Boston early enough to get to a New York airport in time for a flight to Bermuda. I'm 67 and I have cancer so I want to keep the risk low.
If I could find someone with a twin-engined turboprop based in Massachusetts to fly out of Bedford I could have my GF drive me to Bedford MA, which is a short drive. all those other risks could be avoided. The question is how to locate such a service. I contacted Massport - the government agency that runs the airports in Massachusetts, including BOS and BED (KBED), but they don't seem to have a business-development liaison like some airports do, with lists of operators.