FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westjet is absolutely failing its customers
Old Nov 30, 2020, 12:40 pm
Clifford Paulson

Programs: westjet
Westjet is absolutely failing its customers

Over ten months ago I booked two Premium seats on a flight from YEG to PHX. Because I travel with cabin pets if you don't book cabin pets early they don't get on a popular flight as Westjet limits the number of animals in the cabin.
Well a couple of weeks ago Westjet cancelled our flight and rebooked us thru Calgary which adds a plane change, a second airport and hours to the flight and with animals we dont want that.
So I tried to call Westjet and was on hold three hours and forty five minutes before I gave up because my cell phone is going dead.
Later that night I called back and after another three hours and fifteen minutes on-hold Westjet answers and I change the date of departure and get a direct flight on another date.
Well today which is now only three weeks from my departure Westjet again cancels my new booking and now wants to send us thru Vancouver.
I call and the automated voice answer system states on-hold wait time is now between four and six hours!! Booking a flight has now become a lottery, you buy a ticket but you can only hope you get to fly.
I have no choice because you can't change your flight on-line when you have cabin pets booked.
Westjet management must be aware of the wait times on-hold and are doing nothing about it. Why they don't bring back more of the employees that they laid off to answer their phones is beyond me.
Rest assured I will remember this fiasco and Westjet has become my airline of last resort.
I thought I had read somewhere in the past that Westjet did not cancel flights within 30 days of a departure.