FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2020 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Nov 29, 2020, 10:33 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by makrxx
But if the flight is on the same day, I wouldn’t incur an extra night technically so EC261 would cover the hotel? Let me read further into that.

I do want to make this trip happen as need to sort some personal matters out in IST. So I need a way to get back and guessing it’s easier to go with BA then book another ticket separately which will probably cost more as well.
Given fares from IST at the moment, which are currently as low as £35, I would somewhat surprised if you couldn't rebook yourself with a cost and time effective flight,so in that scenario I'd just be looking for a refund. But yes, you may be able to persuade BA to pay for a one night accommodation in this scenario. They won't normally confirm this in advance, you have to submit the paperwork and bill after travel, and they may agree to reimburse you. BA will willingly rebook you to the next day (and many other days for that matter), that's the easy part. It may even work online.