FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied boarding, tricky one
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2020, 10:22 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Why would it be surprising that a same day return be rejected for ticketing? it is just an open jaw return ticket - no more strange than a same day LHR-DOH return

It isn't a oneway ticket to Vienna , but a return ticket to Doha
I assume that BA did rebook nufnuf77 as they have cancelled their direct LHR-VIE service so it shouldn't be an open-jaw return ticket.

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Who in their right mind flies LHR-VIE with a stopover in DOH anyway?!?! Really surprised this one ever got ticketed in the first place.
Those who prefer not to pay for another last-minute ticket when your flight eventually gets cancelled.
nufnuf77 might have preferred not to get a refund and purchase a separate LHR-VIE ticket on another airline which could be much more costly.

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Our ticket was LHR-DOH-VIE VIE-DOH-LHR. Under no circumstances were QR staff suggesting we were denied because of Doha transit/rules. I already submitted subject access request so will be able to share details of what the staff putin the PNR soon. But as i say cca 24 hours later, when I was chasing QR ticketing desk I got an email saying they now confirmed and I quote : Dear Mr Nufnuf,

We have now received a response and they have advised that travel will be possible.

You may go ahead and rebook through British Airways.
I guess that Dave Noble was mentioning the OP's situation ( LHR-DOH-LHR turnaround ).