FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied boarding, tricky one
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2020, 10:17 am
nufnuf77

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I think that that would still have been likely rejected - the tiocketed destination would still be Doha and so wouldn't be a transit. Would need to be somewhere where Doha was a transit point ; something like LHR-DOH-MCT / MCT-DOH-LHR would be valid ( of course would then depend on rules for Oman as to whether that would be permitted )

It seems valid since DOH would be the ticketed destination for an open jaw return - the destination of a ticket is never a transit point - you can only transit en-route to a destination/stopover point
Our ticket was LHR-DOH-VIE VIE-DOH-LHR. Under no circumstances were QR staff suggesting we were denied because of Doha transit/rules. I already submitted subject access request so will be able to share details of what the staff putin the PNR soon. But as i say cca 24 hours later, when I was chasing QR ticketing desk I got an email saying they now confirmed and I quote : Dear Mr Nufnuf,

We have now received a response and they have advised that travel will be possible.

You may go ahead and rebook through British Airways.