FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program 5-Day Quarantine (Ends March 25, 2022)
Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:49 am
denver19

Programs: UA, Some Others
Originally Posted by mtofell
Flew PDX > OGG today and there was a slight change to the routine vs. a few weeks ago - the Alaska gate agent was checking QR codes BEFORE boarding. In the past you just had to produce it when you got off the plane in Hawaii. This could just be Alaska but I'm guessing they wouldn't be doing this unless they were being forced.

So, be sure you have completed your health questionaire on the safe travels app along with uploading test results. The questionaire (that ultimatley leads to you getting the almighty QR code) can only be done within 24-hours of departure and since I uploaded my negative Covid results +/- 48 hours I couldn't do it then and forgot. It just took a few minutes but was a but of unneeded last minute stress while trying to board (they well may have made an annoucement but I had headphones on most of the time at the gate).
Is this every one's experience? You can fly to Hawai'i and quarantine, so I don't know you would need the almighty QR code to board.