FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Nov 25, 2020, 4:52 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by just_starting
Thinking about booking a WT+ return (using the 20% off voucher) and then UUA to CW. If we decide not to travel in the end, will I get a voucher for the entire cash value plus the Avios used to upgrade, or do I need to disassemble (i.e. undo the UUA) first, presumably at a cost of £70?
You can keep the Avios and cash in an FTV without losing anything, however that will end up as an FTV that will have to be used on another UuA booking, and some people have found the process difficult to implement. So I would actually reverse the UuA, which is £35 per person, since you will retain flexibility with the Avios, and a possibility of getting an eVoucher rather than FTV in due course. I'm still advocating people do not make "maybe" bookings, so it would be best to make a booking that you're pretty sure you are going to ttake. We get nearly daily reports of people who find themselves boxed in due to speculative bookings which then unravel. If it is nearer August then clearly there is a good chance that the Northern Hemisphere will be back to some form of normality, but I'd be less certain about the Southern Hemisphere. These fares are not the last such opportunity for reduced price flying.