FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Nov 25, 2020, 9:11 am
sziwan

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Given this was a recent booking you must have known this was a speculative arrangement!
No more than any other in these times. I fully expected BA172 to be cancelled when I was booking, but not necessarily BA827. Likewise, I booked BA in the first place because I was sure the direct LO JFK service to Poland would be axed (as it had been between Match and July), but inexplicably LO is still flying.

The agent should have offerend JFK-LHR-FRA/MUC-KRK, with the longhaul on BA, or offered a WAW / PRG option, involving Lufthansa on shorthaul. The problem is that unless you find a viable route, in the same cabin, on Lufthansa yourself, then BA's computers aren't good at finding non BA services. Moreover you have the FRA/MUC thing, which is almost guaranteed to be hidden to the agent.
I don't think LHR-MUC is a thing any more, at least on Dec 5. There are viable routes via FRA, it's just that their system doesn't see them (or so I keep being told). I just called again with specific flights in mind, but the agent wouldn't even let me get to that part. It's somewhat disappointing.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I'll wait a few days to see if anything changes. If not, I'll probably refund the entire booking and hope my backup return from ZRH on Jan 16 doesn't get axed as well.