FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FTVs - two happy future passengers!
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2020, 6:24 am
Karen762

FTVs - two happy future passengers!

Had posted earlier in the week with a couple of questions about cancelling a March 2-4-1 flight LHR to JNB in F and rebooking to somewhere else later in the year.

Cancelled JNB flights on Monday - immediately got vouchers and VERY happy to have snagged J flights LHR-SYD for three weeks in Aug/Sept today. Very well timed for BA to have announced their 50% Avios sale yesterday as we did need to buy a few extra. All fairly simple so thank you for advice.

Only thing that would have helped more would have been for the FTV to actually say what it's value is - we had upgraded from J on two separate occasions from when we booked the initial flight and my hubby hadn't kept a record of what we paid each time. I went through all the Avios transactions on his and my accounts and still got it wrong (too many)! The BA booking agent also got it wrong (too few) to begin with but then got it sorted. If the voucher said X amount of Avios, X amount of cash and a 2-4-1 voucher it would have been more helpful and quicker for us and the agent.

Just relying on everything getting nearer normal by August now - I am very hopeful and fingers crossed!