FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SWUS TO COME EARLY, 125K bonus SWU out
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2004, 4:19 pm
PremEx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I, for one, wouldn't expect the bonus SWU's this year. I think they may view the extra SWU's for hitting 125/150 as their bonus SWU program for the year. But who knows, anything is possible...
I think some are confusing 2 separate deals. Those 2 deals were not related. Even though they were announced at the same time.

The 2 extra Systemwides for hitting 100k or 100 segments BIS last year were not tied into the extras for 125k or 150k.

The 2 extra Systemwides for hitting 100k or 100 segments BIS last year were "True Flyer" gifts meant to mainly appease the True Flyers because of the Bonus Double EQM offer of last year that many flyers achieved 1K Lite under. And to also get a few others to push to 100k BIS to get the gift.

If there is no similar major Bonus EQM offer announced soon this year, I think the extra Systemwides for 100k BIS would not be offered again.

But if they do end up offering some major Bonus EQM deal before the end of the year, I think they would consider offering a True Flyer gift of some sort once again to appease those that got their status the hard and original way. Of course, whatever True Flyer gift they offer this year (if they have to and if they do) could be something completely different than 2 additional Systemwides.

IMHO.

Last edited by PremEx; Oct 7, 2004 at 4:26 pm