FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2020, 7:23 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SF_trotter
I'm booked on an AA ticket flying HKG-LAX on CX connecting to LAX-SFO on AS. Since this is an AA issued ticket (with an international segment, no less) I know I won't be able to SDC before departure or by calling reservations.

Will I be able to SDC at the AS desk upon arrival at LAX, either at a kiosk or with an agent? Also, I assume I should re-check my bag at AS check-in rather than hand it over to the onward connections dropoff at TBIT, if I want to SDC?
Will your SDC be for an earlier or later flight & what Elite Status do you have, if any? Is this a revenue or an award flight. A SDC can be done online or through the app if there is space available on the flight, if not, depending on Elite Staus or ticket class, you may standby for an ealier/later flight as long as the request is done before your original flight has departed.

As far as luggage goes, if you SDC to an earlier flight, you will want to hold & recheck the luggage (time permitting) or you will arrive in SFO before your luggage. You would need to return to pick it up. For a later flight, your luggage will be in SFO waiting for you, at the baggage office.

James