FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maldives hotel recommendations
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2020, 1:38 am
chinmoylad
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by ChateauMargaux
Can you expand - which flight / when / how often have you taken these?
Twice.

The domestic planes as I recall aren't that big anyway - they're small aircraft too (obviously bigger than a seaplane though).
The overall experience, including the actual seats etc is no more or less comfortable than a seaplane - and certainly doesn't compare to a Cheval Blanc seaplane. And of course the lounges aren't anywhere near as nice as a good resort's.

Bear in mind they're also more prone to delays (like regular planes - not including any weather conditions) vs seaplanes which I don't believe go through much in the way of general delays.

But yes, take the OP's point on an arbitrary issue I suppose - it's weird those work sometimes with regards to reference points or arbitrary cut offs.
Just pointing out with regards to comfort, it's a far more comfortable journey taking a seaplane - personally, I don't see much difference with regards to seaplane (size) vs a small domestic plane. But others' mileage may vary there...