FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air Seeks to Buy Asiana (Recent News Article)
Old Nov 17, 2020, 11:51 pm
Gasolin

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by jamar
My fingers are crossed for this happening. At worst it pauses the acquisition for a time while HDC tries to make its case (I have no idea how quickly or slowly the courts there act on such matters, but regardless, it'll buy a few months). At best HDC wins its case and is willing to acquire Asiana and keep it independent.

In any case, I'm nowhere near 500k so if KE closes the merger and thus closes the door on lifetime *G, I'll have to decide if I want to go shopping for another program or stick with KE.
This will be decided before end of Jan. End of Jan, KE goes through a board meeting and the 3 way party has more vote than the Cho Family (46% vs 41% or something like that) and would be in position to remove the current CEO. After that, KE would try to buy OZ but then, real funding issues will occur, so that is to be discussed.

HDC has until end of Jan to try to make the case that if they receive the same conditions as KE, this is a deal they would consider. As described above, the difference of treatment was quite big so it can be a thought.