FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2020 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Nov 17, 2020, 5:03 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Is CEDR now viewed as better than MCOL? From previous posts, I came to the conclusion that CEDR takes ages and tends to end up in lots of discussion, whereas MCOL just gets down to the facts and decides. My thinking may be out of date.
It still depends on the specifics of the case, and also whether we get to see the text of a similar CEDR judgement, which isn't that often. So for "commercial" reasons, 484 seems a good signpost. But complexities such as GUFs and Companion Voucher valuation, MCOL may well be a better approach. I don't think CEDR is particularly slow, I went most of the way through the process within a month of travel for my claim a year or two back, but there were some delays during the WFH stages. MCOL does have quite a strict timetable process, which applies equally to both sides.