FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this an illegal practice by an airline?
Old Nov 16, 2020, 6:18 pm
not2017

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
I am guessing that the airline is American. Because US Air used to do this all the time. And the current management of AA is the old US Air. But then you mentioned an EU airline. In some instances the alliances are moving passengers around so instead of DL and AF both running a similar timed flight to Paris, they proactively move passengers. UA and LH are doing something similar. The alliances code share all these TATL flights. Have you called/messaged your airline and asked them what is going on? A simple call, may be all you need.

In this Covid era, I do not think a court would look upon a fraud case too kindly. With constant cancellations to flights and cruises, you would have to show willful fraud. Not an easy thing to do. I used to be a travel agent. I used to help clients with similar situations all the time. Maybe the airline is giving you the opportunity to change the flight to something more suitable, before they cancel it. Proactively? If you really need to go, the airline should be able to accommodate you. Contact the airline before your choices become smaller.

Last edited by not2017; Nov 16, 2020 at 6:38 pm Reason: add info