FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United expands kosher options for US-Tel Aviv customers
Old Nov 15, 2020, 12:23 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saccoNY
Just flew UA 84 EWR-TLV in J.....quick meal report.....Kosher meal was served all courses at once per others.....no pre drink, no nuts. For main course. It was one option...take it or leave it. Main dish: Chicken Marsala with fingerling potatoes and broccoli. iceberg lettuce salad with a few plum tomatoes and a round chocolate, parve creme thing for dessert.....oh and a large roll. That's it. No kosher wine . Breakfast was a scrambled egg plain omelet.....that's it. No fruit, nothing else...oh well.....the chicken was totally fine....pretty tasteless, but serviceable. Not sure there is any difference between the J and Y kosher meals....as it looked identical to ctownflyer's link above.
ctownflyer's link was the J meal, I believe . . . The Chicken Marsala in his photo says "UPP/UPB DINNER CHICKEN ENTREE" which I believe means United Premium Plus and United Polaris Business. I assume United Economy gets something more special .

Edit to add: Further review of the photos shows different labeling of the catering: "UPP/UPB ___ ENTREE" and "UPB ___ TRAY". Maybe they kept "UPP/UPB" catering and ditched the "UPB" only catering which included the wine? Otherwise known as a cutback to a premium cabin.

Last edited by Ari; Nov 15, 2020 at 12:31 pm