FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA service JFK<> SFO/LAX , experiences, lounge, ....
Old Nov 15, 2020, 6:47 am
zspitzer

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Keen to hear from Manhattan residents...

When I have a longer stay at my place in SW Florida, I’ll usually fly up to NYC for two/three days a week for meetings etc. In the past I’d mix it up between UA and AA, but for the last five years or so flying RSW-EWR and then a car service into Midtown (I stay at my club near 5th/44th). I never gave much thought to whether JFK or EWR was preferable, but what is the consensus view on which route is easier. I usually pre-book a car service, and don’t take a taxi.
To/from my apartment in Manhattan, by car, it's usually about 30 minutes quicker to get to EWR than JFK. With zero traffic they should both be about 30 minutes from my apartment, plus or minus about 5 minutes. But, (in non-covid times at least) with normal traffic, I'd sit in a lot more traffic a lot more frequently coming/going to JFK than EWR. LGA's quicker by about 10 minutes, but with all the construction last time I flew in there it was a heck of a lot slower!

Mass transit JFK's a little easier to get to (just get on the A or E) than EWR (with NJ Transit), but in terms of time and actual effort they're close enough to even. I've never actually done the bus to LGA, but I've been told it's also pretty easy.

Which is why, for the most part, I'm fairly loyal to UA in NYC. My $0.02 at least.