FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The first SeaDream Caribbean Cruise shutdown after Covid scare.....
Old Nov 14, 2020, 2:29 pm
freecia

Sea Dream for some reason grouped a transatlantic cruise from the UK to Barbados & around Barbados with another bookable cruise embarkation in Barbados. That seems to be where the initial sick passenger boarded with family.

I think mass cruises will not be allowing back to backs for initial cruises and most US oriented lines don't typically offer multiple embarkation points for passengers. Crew do disembark and shift ships but I think that's also a lesson learned while the No Sail Order was in effect. Crew can also be paid to do a strict self isolation for several days on land before running another PCR test like Aida.

There were some anti-maskers on-board and some people seemed to congregate without social distancing during their allowed fresh air break (despite being told not to)... I do hope passengers self isolate upon returning home or are required to do so as 3 days quarantine onboard the ship may just be pre-symptomatic. I know this isn't likely given how many people tend to travel before more strict lockdown measures begin or cancel vacations when post-travel quarantine measures get put in place.

Last edited by freecia; Nov 14, 2020 at 3:07 pm