FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:36 pm
drnilescrane

Originally Posted by Matt4200
So I take it you haven’t stayed at Hyatt Centric Park City (Formerly Escala Lodge)?

I definitely feel like they want to (or should want to) market to high end leisure travelers. Their guests feel like Hyatt Centric guests compared to guests you’d expect to see at Park Hyatt NYC IMHO.
I have, but that fact isn’t relevant (apart from the argument that they are similar... which they are not at all in my opinion).

The point is hotel branding is determined by market position and amenities, not brand statements. Hyatt Centric is an upper-upscale/compact full service brand. A spa and full set of amenities aren’t required.

Park Hyatt is a luxury brand. It guarantees a certain level of amenity, including a spa. Considering the $200 a night gap in ADR between the two hotels and their respective positions within their comp sets I think they’ve made the right choice. I also stand by the fact the place aesthetically feels like a cookie cutter 1990s Hyatt developed Regency.

Beaver Creek is too big to be a Centric (and successfully competes with the Ritz) and Escala is too small and too downscale to be a Park.

Last edited by drnilescrane; Nov 11, 2020 at 8:50 pm