FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion & Platinum benefits: comprehensive listings by country
Old Oct 6, 2004, 3:42 pm
RichardMannion

Programs: Various
Hi Duc,

Thats an awesome start - let me try help out quickly as I am a bit busy at the moment, I can provide some more detail later. Otheriwse if you search you should find some comprehensive posts where I have broken down the benefits.

Thanks,
Richard

Cost
Yes its £650/year, when it was first launched in March 1999, it was free for the first year for the initial (Charter Members), and then it was £550 the year after. Now its the £650 you quoted.

Supplementary Cards

Main account holder is called the 'Basic' member and they can have two Black Centurion cards, the idea is that you can split personal and business spending. By default the second card will have the same printed name as the first card except it will say A.C. after it (Additional Card). You can have this changed if you so wish.

Then you can have an additional Black (or Platinum, Gold or green) card for your 'Primary' supplementary card holder.

And finally upto another 4 'additional' supplementary cards in your choice of Platinum, Gold or Green. Most people will go for Platinum and hand them out to family members and then they can get use of most of the Centurion benefits.

In total, this means up to 6 individuals can have cards on one UK Centurion account.

Lounge Access
- The basic and primary supplementary card holders (those carrying black plastic) can utilise the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses when flying on a VS flight - it is just them, there are no guests. It does not give you access to Revivals at LHR, nor does it give you Upper Class/Premium Economy check-in privileges; I say this as I have seen some people at LHR try it on.

- The basic or any supplementary card holder (this is where its a good idea to give your additional supplementaries Platinum coloured plastic, as otherwise it takes some time to explain its part of a Centurion account) can access the BMI Business Class lounge (Not the diamond lounge as you pointed out). You must be flying on a BD flight. No guests.

- The basic or any supplementary card holder can access the Eurostar lounges. No guests.

- Two 'Prestige' level (http://www.prioritypass.com/Join/What-it-costs.cfm) Priority pass for use by two nominated individuals with supplementary cards on the Centurion account. There are over 450 lounges across the globe that take Priority Pass, each with its own opening hours and guest restrictions. Guests are charged at £15 each, unless admitted as part as a family group via some of the lounges.

- I have found that I have been able to access the lounges that US members have access too: https://www124.americanexpress.com/c...clubaccess.jsp

Hotels

I would just reword the statement about Mandarin Oriental benefit, its one free night per property per year in conjunction with one qualifying night rate.