FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]
Old Nov 9, 2020, 11:06 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by AdeAhmed
hello all...im thinking of signing up for this card for my wife (I myself am Canadian), but had a few questions based on my ritz marriott card and other tricks that ive read used in the past as well as general question

1. Is the ability to use the $300 credit for restaurant purchases still available?
2. Is the $300 credit once per card year or once per calendar year...i think it is card year...so if i signed up now i could only get one credit between now and nov 2021, I assume?
3. does the refundable booking trick work to trigger/use the $300 credit? ie book a refundable trip, receive the creidt then cancel the trip...ive seen this done with other Amex in the past (at least in Canada)
4. The chase cards have a credit limit trick where reducing the limit to some low level like $1,000 results in annual fee being reversed...does amex do something similar?

TIA
I am not a current card holder, so I am interested in the answers to some of your questions, too. With regards to #3, I personally won't consider it even if there are reports of success. Take a look at clawback of airline credits in the Amex Plat thread and you can see why it can backfire spectacularly. However, one legit trick is to use the credit to purchase Marriott GCs, which you can save for later use.

LAX