FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any way to keep fare difference associated with a ticket
Old Nov 8, 2020, 1:48 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
The challenge this is posing for my sanity is all of the Azul fares have the effect of repricing the ticket to between $250-$400 less than the present value of the reservation. I'm ok with the excess value being locked up in the reservation (e.g. not refundable/available for future use) but the idea of just throwing it away and not even earning miles on that spend is driving me crazy. Is there a way I'm not thinking of to avoid flat out forfeiting the difference while keeping single-PNR advantages?
Check the price of a Z fare, or P-out, Z-return, etc.

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Or should I just buy the Azul ticket directly and not worry about keeping it a Single PNR? Depending on which flight I go for and assuming everything is on time I'll have at least 4 hours to kill between domestic arrival and international departure.
I mean, at that point, you're throwing good money after bad. You'd be spending money for a less-convenient ticket, in order to try to get some UA PQD on the original flight that would otherwise be forfeit? Unless you're right at a cutoff for PlusPoints, and you're always able to use all of your PlusPoints, it seems like a waste.

Originally Posted by mduell
Cancel the whole thing for ETC, then apply some of the ETC value to a new ticket with all the segs, keeping the remainder as ETC.
Two problems:

1 - UA seems to have stopped allowing ETC as an option in most cases
2 - OP wants Azul segments on the single PNR, which makes an ETC particularly problematic -- there'd have to be another intermediate, all-UA reservation at the right price first.