FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India
Old Nov 8, 2020, 7:35 am
sgopal2

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Hello,

I'll be traveling to India in about 2 weeks from the US. As an OCI, I don't need a visa, and am traveling through one of the already established air-bubbles. I understand that international passengers who want to avoid the instiutitional 14 day quarantine must fill out a form on the following website (Air Suvidhia). Apparently those with a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hrs of departure are allowed to self-quarantine at home.

https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsu...onal-passenger

Has anyone recently gone through this experience? The website above actually has a FAQ with this exact same question. The answer is non-sensical, cut and pasted below:

RT-PCR test results takes more than 24 hours, then how one can do the test within 96 hours of flight and upload on portal at least 72 hours prior the flight?
As per the latest government guideline, International arrival passengers are exempted from quarantine (institutional quarantine & home quarantine) basis negative RT-PCR report. This test should be taken within 72 hours of departure or on arrival at the airport where the COVID19 testing facility is available.

Has anyone tried to fill out the form? Here is the catch 22:

1) Form has to be filled out no later than 72 hours prior to departure
2) Form requires a negative PCR test result for submission
3) I've made an appointment for a PCR test 2 days prior to my departure. But obviously I don't have the negative test results yet. The form won't let me submit unless I upload something.