FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways
Old Nov 7, 2020, 6:15 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by southsquare
The GMC concerns itself with any conduct with may be prejudicial to the reputation of the profession and/or the protection of the public, not merely criminal offences. And no, I have not "categorised" Diet Coke as "juice" as 1ATurnLeft asserts. Had 1ATurnLeft bothered to read my initial posting, she/he would have discovered that I first requested Diet Coke and when that was refused, I then requested juice, which was also refused. As to whether Diet Coke is the "real issue" as VSLover asserts, the issue is the inconsistency between the representations made on BA's website and in Highlife (i.e. juice available on request) and the (false) made by cabin crew that (unspecified) "government regulations" prohibit the serving of juice (and Diet Coke) in ET. It's a straightforward issue of the integrity of cabin crew: if, for example, juice hadn't been loaded, why not simply tell passengers that. Or if they wish to withhold juice because they believe (correct or otherwise) that they are entitled to do so, then tell passengers that. But don't purport to rely on "government regulations" when such statutory instruments do not exist. As to the suggestion that juice may have been withheld deliberately, where that to be correct it would be abhorrent conduct on the part of cabin crew. If cabin crew, Jed, Pilou, 1ATurnLeft or anyone else requires urgent assistance in my region while I'm on duty, I and my colleagues must provide that and do so best of our ability with the norms of professional practice, irrespective of any allegation they may make about me (or any of my team). It would be nice if they extended the same courtesy to me. It would also have been nice to have had half a plastic glass of any non-alcoholic drink (Diet Coke, juice, whatever) after 14+ hours on my feet in full kit.
This empathy sentence made me felt that the OP was a non-revenue.
If the OP is not a non-rev employee, I am adjusting my previous post.