FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spain-Munich-Finland, overnight layover: Do I need a Corona test?
Old Nov 5, 2020, 3:44 pm
jackr27

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
I have a flight scheduled next month with an overnight layover in Frankfurt. I would be arriving from Spain. At this point, I probably won't continue with it, but was hoping someone with more knowledge of how things are in Germany could help clarify.

I see on the Frankfurt Airport website that from November 8 things are getting stricter:

New rules apply to travelers returning from high-risk areas on or after November 8, 2020: they must quarantine themselves for 10 days. If you have arrived from a high-risk area, you must go straight home or to other suitable accommodations immediately after landing in Frankfurt and remain there for 10 days without interruption. You must also notify the local health department without delay by submitting a previously completed arrival form (the website will be activated shortly). Carry the form with you at all times, either printed out on paper or stored on an electronic device, so that you can also show it to transportation providers or immigration authorities if asked to do so. If digital registration is not possible, in exceptional cases you must fill in a written substitute registration and hand it in to the carrier or the border authority.

You may end the quarantine five days after arriving in Germany by presenting a negative test result. However, you must wait for at least five days after arriving before taking the test-
Am I correct to assume from this that even if I was to take a test in Spain less than 48 hours before and test negative, I'd still need to quarantine? It also sounds like you must stay in isolation for 10 days, which would most certainly rule out an overnight airport hotel stay?