FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booked suite guarantee?
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2020, 9:32 am
JenniferNAz

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Thanks for all the info and ideas.

This was the Courtyard in Gainesville Fl. I booked a suite as we wanted more space, partially so that we can watch the UF game in the hotel room if needed depending on how restaurants are. So having a second room connecting room isn't very helpful.

I spoke with a few people and it looks like there was a plumbing issue in one of the suites, so they decided to take them all out of service and renovate them. I was not told that initially, just told that there were no suites available. I understand things happen, I just think the hotel could have handled this so much better. They could have told him why the suite wasn't available and then offer the rooms they had or offer to book him at the RI for the same rate. That seems like a reasonable course of action for this situation.

I mentioned to the Platinum line representative and asked about getting the same rate at the Residence Inn, but was told there was nothing they could do. I was told that 10k points would go into his account. I have not been able to talk to the manager at the Courtyard. I did book a 1 bedroom suite at the RI.

We really prefer Courtyard as their beds are typically much more comfortable for us and they have the restaurant. I am pretty disappointed, especially as this is one of our only trips together this year. He has still had to travel some for work and will have close to 20 nights in hotels for October-November.

Oh, the stay was booked on his account and he will be staying at the hotel, not trying to use his benefits without him there, as someone mentioned might be an issue. I have just been booking/taking care of these things as he was in a meeting and I am better at doing it!

Thanks again for all the input and information!