FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini Trip Report: Lake Placid Lodge (Covid 19 Edition)
Old Nov 4, 2020, 9:19 am
NotALawyer

Service is always a tough thing to evaluate here. I have stayed, and I agree with Ericka up above that some of the service, overall, has improved. The bell/valet staff and the staff at the dock in particular were great and very attentive. However, the housekeeping was truly bad. Perhaps it was because of less staff due to the pandemic or because the hotel was full, or both, but I was disappointed in that aspect. There were mouse droppings all over the room that were never cleaned. After I cleared them off, they returned during the night but were again never wiped off by the cleaning staff. We're talking on the nightstands by the bed and on the table where they leave the welcome amenities, not hidden in corners. When they brought us a mousetrap, I disposed of the result on my own after it sat there, in the open. There was no follow-up or mention of it, even when the front desk called our room the next day to see if the groundskeeper who actually brought us the trap left his glasses in our room. There was also a plastic lid from a prior guest on our patio that was only removed after our second night there. The response to all of this on checkout was just an "oh." We are not complainers and I live in a wooded area with frequent house guests like this, so I was not expecting or even wanting anything at all to make up for it. But I thought it could have been better handled. And my response to the post stay survey and email to the manager with more info have, to date, received no response.

I love the look of the resort and the location, and will probably go back at some point. But I went to the Point after this and was thankful it wasn't in the opposite order. Night and day difference.