FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with ski holiday in Europe
View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2020, 8:24 pm
journeybound

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, SKI USA, Alpine Adventures, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG
Originally Posted by kamel123
Thanks, that's a helpful datapoint. Looks indeed like I should cancel for the moment, and reconsider in January.

The only thing I still cannot understand is why hotels do not offer more flexible cancellation terms - it must be clear that their insistence on their usual terms actively drives bookings away.
This is going to be a very different ski season for sure! January sounds like a better time to reassess and book with more confidence. It's interesting to compare the European luxury ski market to the United States luxury ski market this year, because most of the US ski accommodations (hotels, condos, townhomes, private homes) are offering pretty flexible policies in order to give travelers the peace of mind they are looking for. This encourages booking! In most cases, the people who book genuinely do want to travel, unless they are not able to due to restrictions or health or otherwise. I know the US policies aren't relevant to you for this season, but it's just an observation.

Here's a wild idea. If you're not able to take a big ski trip this winter, and things look more stable with COVID come summer 2021, how about a summer ski trip to South America??