FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Dutch restrictions - KLM lounge
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2020, 1:54 am
johan rebel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingcrazy
Isn't it odd how the virus behaves so differently in different places?

Gosh, I'm not so sure. There's an extremely small chance that those in charge of fighting the virus, and those who feel an irresistible urge to take charge, are just making things up as they go along, in the mistaken belief that they must be seen to do something, no matter what, to reassure the public.

I've been laughing my head off since March, but it just keeps getting more ridiculous by the day. When it comes to restricting your freedom in the name of fighting this new highly lethal bubonic plague, creativity knows no bounds. The great discrepancies in said creativity between countries, states, and cities are simply a result of the fact that they all base their decisions on the same sound, knowledgeable and consistent scientific advice provided by an army of experts, all of whom are in unanimous agreement.

But I guess we should be grateful. If we hadn't been instructed to stand back-to-back in elevators, wear shoes on the beach, abstain from alcohol, disinfect our groceries, avoid buffets like the plague, and so forth, a third of the world's population might well be six foot under by now, and most of the rest heading in the same direction.

Johan