FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New SLC airport opens September 15th, 2020
Old Oct 28, 2020, 7:50 am
TuxTom

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by PupManS
When I flew thru on Sunday morning, I can tell you that the de-ice operation was nowhere near what it was in the old terminal. Specifically in a A321 we waited an hour and 40 minutes and then only had one truck. There was confusion moving the planes around too. Part of this might have been because it was October and maybe they didn't have staffing, but the snow was predicted well in advance.

Kind of soured the otherwise very nice experience in the new terminal. Reminds me very much of DTW but "mountain modern" in style. Which is a compliment. They just need to fix the operational issue!
FWIW, I passed through MSP last week when they received an early season snow storm and the deicing situation was the worse I've ever seen at that airport. Normally, MSP is second to none when it comes to winter operations, but I suspect Covid cutbacks and it being the first winter event of the year combined to make a messy situation. At SLC, I would assume it's a similar story. I would expect deicing operations to improve at SLC once it becomes part of the daily routine, my only concern being understaffing due to Covid.