FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best place to spend winter during a potential second wave of COVID?
Old Oct 28, 2020, 4:09 am
the810

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Västra Götaland has significantly smaller numbers than Skåne or Stockholm, so I wouldn't be so sure about Göteborg.

The bigger issue though is that according to what I've heard from people living in Uppsala, the Covid fatigue is now hitting Sweden as well and people seem to largely ignore the new recommendations introduced in Uppsala few days ago. I'm curious where will all of this lead to.

I'm now considering spending some time in Gotland, doing some outdoor activities that would allow plenty of physical distancing while still being able to maintain healthy lifestyle. It should also be cheaper than the rest of Sweden, at least accomodation-wise. I'm currently booked in Stockholm until mid-November. I will then probably trial a few days in Gotland (if possible, I'll also get tested before I go as I would hate to bring new case to the community) and if I like it, I can see myself staying for a while.

Another option I'm now seriously considering is Estonia or Finland. It would require self-isolation for a while (~7 days in EE, not sure about FI) but it would probably be worth it.