FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Oct 28, 2020, 3:16 am
BertieBadger

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by GXWBA
..snip..
BA has cancelled a leg on B and it currently stands as such, while A is active for a future date.
..snip...
Thanks for the clarifications, much appreciated. I also agree with the analysis Globaliser has presented.

So I'd like to make sure I understand the situation properly. Returning to your original post, you said:
Originally Posted by GXWBA
I'm about 400 TPs short of the reduced 1125 TP requirement for a 8 Nov collection end date.
So, you need the contributions of both bookings A and B, and even together they will only reach the reduced target, but not the normal target of 1500.

Unfortunately, I think this puts you in a much weaker (in fact: impossible) position to claim Gold, at least at this moment in time. Taking each booking in turn:

For booking A, I strongly suspect that BA will regard this as being rebooked and the original cancellations as now being irrelevant. If the flights operate, you will of course need to fly them to earn the TPs. If there is a cancellation then after that you may revisit the question but I don't think they will even entertain this query prior to either a cancellation or the flights operating. I don't think taking an FTV and moving the flight into your next TP year will help with getting Gold in this year, as that would be the double dip Globaliser describes. If booking A is already rescheduled into your new TP year (i.e. on or after Nov 9th) then I don't see how you can possibly get Gold this year I'm afraid. Can you confirm what TP year the rebooked booking A falls into?

For booking B, I think you can reasonably claim 240TP towards your total, but alone that doesn't help you right now. Those 240 don't get you to 1125.

In summary, if booking A is rebooked such that all sectors are on Nov 8th or before and you fly them (or BA cancel, but perhaps unlikely this close in) then after that, and only after that you have a 'weak' claim to Gold insofar as some people have reported success with cancelled bookings taking them over the reduced limit. Equally we have seen more recent refusals for the same position, so I don't really fancy your chances.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but if I've understood the facts then I don't think you have a claim right now.