FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Prepaid Mastercard
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2020, 5:31 am
holtju2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by KJR
Unbelievable. I've now tried to use the Prepaid Mastercard at 4 different IHG hotels. 1 in Belgium, 1 in France and twice in the UK. When front desk calls the toll free number at the back of the card, there is an automated message to press this, that and the other. The machine confirms my card is activated and has $1000 credit. When we press the button to confirm the hotel wants authorisation, the transaction fails. This happens each time. The hotel just does not get authorisation to debit from the card. I've emailed IHG so many times over the past 3 months. They tell me they have resolved the issue. No they haven't. As a favour to me, 1 of the UK hotels tried to debit £1 from my card 2 days ago and the same thing happened. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas how I might resolve this because there is no person I can speak to. Not on the Prepaid Mastercard side of things. Emails are not getting through to anyone who can help. I just get fobbed off.
If the card issuer doesn't see the charge coming from an IHG property, it will be declined. Calling the number on the back of the card or contacting IHG customer service is of no help. Not worth wasting your time. I have been able to use these at roughly half of the IHG hotels that I have tried. You have the best luck with InterCOntinentals and less with select-service hotels.