FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Oct 27, 2020, 2:46 am
BertieBadger

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by GXWBA
I wrote to them and received the most generic response about how they're extending memberships by 12 months and reducing TP requirements (everything from back in the summer), which suggests that they didn't even read the email where I detailed how I missed multiple opportunities to reach Gold due to BA cancellations. It was absolutely nothing like the responses I see above where they at least engage in a pertinent discussion (including "Sorry but we don't think you qualify because..").
Unfortunately this seems quite common. I had a number of responses which plainly ignored my query and simply repeated back some variation of the "Something to make you smile" email (sometimes incorrectly). It is impossible to know if such responses come from a mistake by the agent reading too quickly (or at all!), or if they are deliberate in the hope that you will just give up. I can only suggest that you go back to them, politely point out that they haven't addressed your query and request that they do so.

In terms of where to contact them, I understand it all ends up in the same channel. If you have a case number, you should have a link in your reply that you can use to directly respond.

Originally Posted by GXWBA
Counting the lost TPs due to cancellations in the summer and two runs which were cancelled now does bring me up over 1500, though they only cancelled one or two legs of the runs so I wonder if I have much of a strong position there?
For me it is difficult to appraise the strength of your case simply because - as I've noted before - I'm unaware of any public policy in this area and there seems to be a distinct lack of consistency. They have awarded a tier to members whose cancellations reached the reduced targets, equally we have seen more recently a flat out refusal on their part to do the same. They have awarded a tier to those whose cancellations reached the original targets (1500TP in your case, as I understand you would have passed), but possibly they are now implementing a stricter policy here and will be refusing to award on this basis.

Based on what I understand, I think you have a case insofar as
a) You would have passed 1500TP if BA had not cancelled flights (i.e. You are not relying on both cancellations and a reduced target)
b) They have awarded others the tier in the same position

However, as I note this all seems to be being done on an ad-hoc basis, and I am unaware of any relevant T&Cs etc you could appeal to. The fact that others have been awarded it does not seem to be a guarantee that you will also receive the same consideration.

I would try again, and hope for a more relevant (and positive) answer