FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Status Match promo from delta
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2020, 1:01 pm
wanderlust4life

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
Cookies are likely being set from your home address in your Skymiles profile. It's not something that's easy to override as the cookie information is being obscured and it's not obvious what needs to be changed. Further, just because you get the ad, doesn't mean they will grant promo offer. I would expect them to base the offer on the home address in the Skymiles profile when you submit the match application.
Was not targeted. Saw the link in google search results as the second link after searching "delta status match." Have had no flying whatsoever on Delta in recent years since 2017 when they broke up with Alaska and ended elite and earning benefits. Submitted form on 10/19 for match from AS 75K to DL DM. Received match today. Will possibly consider doing a dance with Delta for 2021, but with 8 upcoming AS roundtrips booked into the new year. Its doubtful. Will probably remain loyal to AS, at least until I see what happens with the program when it joins oneworld. Its still nice to have the option to move my business over to Delta, especially because I fly through Seattle for almost all of my alaska itineraries. Based on what I've already said and with the pandemic continuing onward with no end in sigh, I don't think this status match is a downer for any current DL elites as I highly doubt many will keep the same status for the 2022 year or complete the challenge for that matter. All delta elites have their status extended until 2022 anyway and so this promotion would really be an upset if it were to be happening one year from now.