FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Waldorfs Provide "Waldorf-Level" Service?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 11:57 am
aww3583

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I've only stayed at two WAs, but the experience at them was vastly different.

Roosevelt
-- Hard product is our favorite of the 200+ Hilton properties we've ever visited. We love the beds so much we're seriously considering buying a WA mattress and linens this year.
-- Service is above average, but falls victim to the New Orleans labor market mentality. Some check-in agents are best-in-the-business. Others couldn't care less.
-- Concierge is hit-or-miss.
-- Valet drop-off is a cluster, no matter the time of day. Valet pick-up can be instantaneous, or can take 30+ minutes.
-- Sazerac Bar and Teddy's are stellar.
-- Very gracious with upgrades for our family and accommodations/treats for our kids.
-- Lobby is stunning. But, at Christmas, it's flooded with non-guests taking family photos. Seriously, could be an evacuation hazard.

Orlando
-- Facility could be an upscale Hilton.
-- Pool is wonderful, but poolside service is lacking. We were enjoying the pool one evening (18-months ago, pre-COVID) with a few dozen other guests. Poolside service shut down at 6PM despite lots of hungry/thirsty guests.
-- Breakfast, both the food and the service, were amazing.
-- Valets loaded wrong luggage into our vehicle at check-out. I'm glad I checked or I would have lost my golf clubs (my travel bag contained someone else's clubs/shoes).