FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland, Oregon - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 25, 2020, 11:44 am
HaleiwaFlyer
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
As a Marriott Ambassador switching to Hyatt as a Globalist, the second time around at this property was better than the first. I first came here as a non status member in June 2020. I usually stay at Nines in Portland as a Marriott Ambassador, and Marriott Waterfront during riots/COVID. Compared to June 2020 when I first stayed here: The restaurant Masia is as fantastic as the first time (friendly servers and great food. Skip the Bikini sandwich, and stick with the burrito!). I've got upgraded to the highest floor corner king room, and it is a great skyline view. The front desk staff are as friendly and helpful as the first. Globalist receive a breakfast voucher.

I've got a chance to speak with their regional director of sales and marketing, and confirms I made the right decision to switch over to Hyatt from Marriott. The little customer service gestures (no cost to the hotel chain) is what makes the biggest differences to keep return customers/business, such as opening a dialogue, and to just be a human being and connect. He wants his customers to have the best stays possible, and wants to make sure Hyatt is doing everything possible to keep the return business.

The location is within the Pearl district, and lots of other shops and restaurants is an easy 5 minute walk away. For business travelers, there is a CVS about 5-7 minute walk away near Whole Foods.

Overall, I would highly recommend this property for its friendly staff, location, amenities (gym), and rooms (some travelers may find them small when compared to other properties). This is my go to property for Portland related business travel.