FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite recognition and points when booking through AMEX Fine Hotels and Resorts?
Old Oct 25, 2020, 11:03 am
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Elite recognition and points when booking through AMEX Fine Hotels and Resorts?

I was wondering what everyone's experience has been when booking Hilton properties through the Fine Hotels and Resorts programs.

I see a few data points online relating to whether Marriott and Hyatt stays booked through FHR accrue elite benefits, but nothing for Hilton Honors.

AMEX is currently offering $150 back when booking a PREPAID stay through FHR. I just booked such a stay at Waldorf Astoria Park City.

I also booked a postpaid stay at Conrad Washington for next month because they were offering a free fourth night.

Right now, the postpaid stay is showing up in my HHonors account but with the word "EXPEDIA" noted on stay record.

The prepaid stay isn't showing in my Hhonors account at all.

I have heard mixed reports about whether FHR stays earn elite benefits at Marriott and Hyatt, and there seems to be anecdotal evidence that the prepaid stays are less likely to earn elite benefits.

Does anyone have Hilton-related data points regarding elite recognition and points earning on FHR prepaid and postpaid stays?

Thanks.

Last edited by jphripjah; Oct 29, 2020 at 8:30 pm