FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion & Platinum benefits: comprehensive listings by country
Old Oct 5, 2004, 10:59 am
Duc

Programs: lots of plastic cards from white ones to a couple of black ones...
Centurion & Platinum benefits: comprehensive listings by country

I have read a number of very informative posts which discuss the travel and other benefits that come with the Platinum or Centurion cards. Some members have also discussed the idea of an Amex web site for each country where comprehensive information could be easily accessible (rather than receiving advertising led magazines which a lot of people seem to put in the trash, unless they use it as a coffee table piece, to impress their friends…)

What I believe would be very useful to all members, is posts from countries where Platinum and Centurion Cards are issued, which would list their own country’s benefits, particularly, airline and railway lounges, restaurants where the Concierge Service has been successful in getting hard to get tables, bars and clubs where showing the card at the door can get someone in (happened to friends in London recently at the Sanderson).

We have read that the Centurion Concierge service has a constantly changing list of restaurants where they have booking arrangements (Home House and the Woleseley in London, were recently removed, but what about new ones?).

Do non-UK Platinum & Centurion cardholders know that they can get into the Eurostar lounges, regardless of their class of travel? Do they also know that if they fly with British Midland, they can access the BMI Business lounges in the UK?

Do Non-US cardholders know that if they travel on the Acela Express Amtrak rail service, they can access the Club Acela Lounge? (Try finding this out in the UK by calling the Amex travel service!)

Whether Amex want to keep information about lounge access and other special benefits to just the cardholders in their respective countries or whether they simply haven’t thought of consolidating the benefits information on a global basis I don’t know but, it seems to me that it would benefit us all if we shared this info.

I know that a lot of the points I have made have already been addressed across numerous posts but I still can’t find a central source of information which brings together all of the benefits on a country by country basis.

If you think this makes sense, I will post a new thread listing the UK benefits and those I am aware of in the USA.

Cheers!