FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good-bye
Thread: Good-bye
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2004, 10:52 am
eyecue

Programs: TSA
inference or insinuation?

Originally Posted by FWAAA

But to tell me that we need to treat people the way we do at airports (and coming soon to subways and train stations) in the hope of preventing another terrorist attack insults my intelligence.
There is really no easy way to resolve this. It is humans inhumanity towards each other that has caused us to have to partake in the screenings of Americans.

If this is a war, it is one waged against Americans, by Americans like yourself. You went from fighting enemy combatants to treating people poorly here on our soil. In the days and weeks immediately following September 11, 2001, you probably thought that it was a good idea to help strengthen the system that some blame for the attacks.
????

Many of your similarly patriotic colleagues thought the same thing, and some still do. Still others have resigned from Mineta's/Magaw's/Loy's/Stone's circus of an agency for many reasons - some because they see the futility of spending billions of dollars annually looking for sharp and pointy objects and examining shoes.
Thats is not how the lions share of the money is spent! Even if we dropped the things that you call a waste of time, it would not impact the bottom financial line of the spending.

I know it's your job, but your job description requires treating people poorly. You are free to disagree. Of course, I would expect disagreement from someone collecting the salary.
You are saying that we are defending our stand only because of the pay? I dont believe that is the case.

Several of the posters here who claim to be employed by the TSA are fond of asserting that the anti-TSA attitude of some FlyerTalkers is an extreme minority view and that most Americans are highly satisfied with our new security regime. Perhaps.
Shees, what do I have to do? Post a picture?
Then again, most people rarely fly; several million people will account for a substantial portion of this year's 700 million or so passengers in the USA.
So lets see that is several million people vs the few hundred on this board. Hmmm sounds like a minority to me!

Perhaps there's a website out there where none of the posters are critical of the TSA. Where only "Kudos to TSA!" posts appear.

While my hypothetical www.InfrequentFlyer-AdmireEverythingAboutTSA.com might stroke the bruised egos of our poor downtrodden public servant TSA employee posters, the posts there would seem to provide little real useful information. But if that's what you're looking for, good luck in your quest.
The FF posters information here is not much more than soap box rhetoric or anecdotal at best.

Some of us (probably not many of us - I'll grant you that) will continue to call it the way we see it, despite frequent requests by people who say they work for the US government that we bite our tongue.
Bite your tongue? Never seen that phrase on here. We are just trying to present the fact that there are two sides to every story. The FF on here are just telling one side. We try to show what the reason is for some of the incidents that happen. There are people on here that are never going to allow any credibility to the other side of the story. That is ignorance.