FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles
Old Oct 24, 2020, 2:52 pm
Tifosi

Programs: TK*G, AC
Originally Posted by YOW_RTW
A data-point to pass along (Star-Alliance J-class Award on AC - Web-site: FAILED. Hotline: SUCCESS!):

I tried to book a domestic J award on AC today using the TK web-site. I was immediately able to find the flights that I wanted and the required miles and taxes were calculated. Interestingly, the required mileage was only 25,000 for a round-trip domestic J versus the 30,000 listed on the TK "Promotional Award" table. Unfortunately, I was unable to get past the passenger selection page without an error message. I called the TK Hotline hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. In this case, I was so very fortunate to have a highly competent agent on the first try who found the availability, deducted the same mileage rate as the web-site (25K), processed the taxes over the phone, and issued the e-tickets within a pleasant 15 minute conversation! I wish every experience with TK was like this one!
Another data point, just had an identical experience as YOW_RTW. I found a domestic AC J award on the TK website but it gave me an error message after I had selected the passenger. I called the TK hotline and had it ticketed, paid for, and the miles deducted in a 16 minute phone call with a very helpful agent.