FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:28 am
Global321

Originally Posted by ncSam
I received a generic email about the restructuring, but not one specifically regarding a flight cancellation of my HKG-DAD segment, which still shows as confirmed when I go to manage my booking. Does your segment actually show as cancelled?
Originally Posted by wmaciej
It will take time to load the changes. The flights are still showing up in GDS (and will continue showing up in MMB as "Confirmed") but are zeroed out. With my JFK-HKG-HAN now moved to January I am hopeful that CX will take over the route and rebook accordingly.
In terms of route structure, I think this is a non-event. I cannot see how/why CX would stop flying to Vietnam and the other destinations that Dragon flew to. From a consumer standpoint, this is a name change only. Think USAir shuttle, Ted from United, etc. The airlines simply changed the name and kept the routes. The gates and equipment might change, but that is about it.

If by some remote chance they stop flying to Vietnam, I think they will let you switch to another nearby situation. (Our HAN flight was canceled on one of these and we were able to switch to BKK. We did this at the club at HKG. Did not seem like a big deal to them.)