FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Status Match promo from delta
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2020, 6:13 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kylep1256
This seems like a slap in the face for current Medallion members. You can obtain Diamond with zero spend requirement and a very easy RT or segment requirement. I get we are in a pandemic and flying levels are down.

As far as we know right now, current Medallion members will still need to maintain the usual MQM's & MQD's to obtain status. Even with the 2020 rollover policy, this seems like a poor way to reward and build on current loyalty.
All status matches/challenges are sort of a slap in the face to existing elites who earned it the hard way, and not to mention the credit card vs BIS debate. It is what it is. Can't do much about it as Ryno says...

Regarding your second paragraph however, current medallions don't need to have flown at all in 2020 to have their current status extended through January 2022 which is also the end of the status period for a successful challenge candidate, so...

Originally Posted by allaroundtheworld21
quick question, does a ticket with 1 connection count as 2 flights for this challenge?
The T&C at the link don't spell it out exactly what "one way" entails, but I suspect the answer is no and that if they meant MQS they would have said so.

You could always price the trip out as two one ways and see if it comes out cheaper (not impossible depending on the cities involved). DL will protect across multiple tickets.

Originally Posted by cfischer
Interesting. 6 quick r/ts BOS-NYC and I get Diamond till March 2022 ... tempting.
*Through January 2022.