FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:36 am
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Others may disagree, but do not plan on any sort of true suite upgrade here during ski season so I would remove that from your consideration. If you need the space, book two rooms and ask for connecting rooms. The rooms are pretty small as well, so one room for a family is pretty tight. They typically don't open up points bookings for the premium suites during ski season, and getting one as a complimentary upgrade is unlikely.

This hotel was not built as a Park Hyatt and is definitely the least nice Park Hyatt I've ever stayed from a room standpoint. The location and points value are tough to beat so it's certainly not all bad, but just understand that from a hotel quality perspective it is basically a Westin/Hyatt Regency with nicer sheets/toiletries and probably not even as nice as many of the newer-build Hyatt Regency/Westin resorts.

I stay at the PH over the Ritz because of its proximity to ski school and the village, but the Ritz is a nicer and more luxurious property and once my kids are older and not in ski school, we will probably shift to staying there instead.
As far as the upgrade we applied a TSU and were upgraded to the Park Fireside Suite. Additionally it’s Globalist/Anniversary/Hyatt Prive’ stay as well so we’re hoping 1 of those 3 would help bump it up a little to something better if it’s available, if it’s not that’s why we used the TSU then. Though I’ve heard the GM at PH BC moved there from Tamaya in New Mexico and has been very good to Globalist also very communicative. That’s just what I’ve heard.

We’re staying before Ski Season so it’s unlikely to be busy during our stay.

We know next to nothing about skiing or Beaver Creek. The property looked like it’d be perfect for a getaway and secluded. That’s essentially why we chose it.