FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spain-Munich-Finland, overnight layover: Do I need a Corona test?
Old Oct 15, 2020, 8:55 am
im_on_an_airplane

Spain-Munich-Finland, overnight layover: Do I need a Corona test?

Hello everyone!

In a few weeks' time I need to travel from Finland to Spain. On the way there I am connecting in FRA, on the way back in MUC. I understand that transit passengers in Germany do not need a Covid-19 test, but on the way back I am arriving at MUC at 20:00 and departing for HEL at 8:00. I was planning on making a booking at an airport hotel. The flight is all on one ticket.

Now I have learned that Bavaria requires a negative Covid-19 test for anyone coming from a Covid-19 risk area, including Spain. The Bavarian health ministry's regulations exception for transit passengers: "Passagiere, die aufgrund vorliegender Unterlagen (zum Beispiel Fahrkarten) glaubhaft machen können, dass sie das Gebiet der Bundesrepublik Deutschland unmittelbar nach der Einreise auf direktem Weg wieder verlassen" (Passengers, who on the basis of documentation (for example transport tickets) can convincingly demonstrate that they will leave Germany directly after arrival via a direct route).

Might they allow me to sleep in an airport hotel? Or should I sleep in the terminal? Or try to get a Covid test in Spain?

Thanks for your insights!