FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli, Turkey [Master Thread]
Old Oct 14, 2020, 9:33 am
reggiekush

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Check-in was smooth as usual here in Turkey starting with a car scan and passing my bags through the security machine (I would say about more than half are doing it nowadays) Lots of check-ins apparently including a group or two. I was offered 750 points for the lounge closure and took the $10 F&B credit. It's a mixed bag it seems. Out of the 3 times, I took the voucher instead of points or amenity (some nice baklava at the Ren Polat Bosphorus), the voucher has been digital and automatically deducted from my folio. I was always used to a physical piece of paper that I needed to give.

Upgraded to an executive room on the highest floor (32, 33 is presidential) The room is nice and decently spacious for a one-night. I do particularly like the light coming through to the bathroom coupled with the view. There is a great cafe called Shishly cafe & bistro not a 2 min walk to your left from the hotel. There are also plenty of amazing places to eat in the vicinity and it is bustling with activity. I am considering returning here for a few nights later on as I could eat through some places (though the same could be said for most other Marriott locations here in Istanbul) but I would not say stay away by any means for even a leisure tourist in a more businessy district like Sisli.

The automatic window might interest some as well! I will say this is the first Marriott that has not had a sanitizing machine at the elevators on my floor.

I know there is a thread about opening windows so this might interest some

Last edited by reggiekush; Oct 15, 2020 at 7:49 am