FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Oct 14, 2020, 7:16 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by leemair23
I have just had a cancellation on the afternoon Heathrow to Brussels flight next Friday. I am booked on the Friday morning flight down to Heathrow from Aberdeen that had a 2 hour connection. BA have offered to rebook me on the morning flight from Brussels to Heathrow but that means I would have to fly down to London on the Thursday evening. As this is now less than 14 days from departure should BA compensate me with the overnight stay at Heathrow?
The 14 days doesn't come into this since you are under Right to Care. But from what we have seen elsewhere, BA will pay a hotel bill if you are forced to connect overnight, though I'm slightly unclear from your wording whether a same day connection remains possible. You won't get BA to agree this before travel, you have to submit the bills after travel is completed.