FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transportation e- and paper Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:08 pm
johnr863

Programs: AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, HawaiianMiles
I booked 2 tickets on the same reservation using 2 eVouchers and a Flight Discount Code last week. I used a credit card to pay for the remaining balance. I mistakenly entered the wrong dollar amount for one of the eVouchers. The next day, I received an email that my reservation was not ticketed because of "insufficient funds". It didn't say where, just gave the reason of "insufficient funds". I called and a very friendly ticketing agent was able to help me and explained what had happened. I admitted to the mistake, no problem, so I thought. She told be everything was taken care of and my payment would now be processed now that she corrected the mistake on the amount I entered for one of the eVouchers. About an hour later, I received an email everything was ticketed. Today, I checked my CC statement and they did not apply the 2 eVouchers Flight Discount Code to the reservation. Instead, they charged me the full fare. I called and spoke to another ticketing agent and he said once ticketed, there is nothing they can do. I admitted to the mistake of entering wrong info, but for them to tell me everything has been taken care of when it clearly wasn't is not my fault. The 2 eVouchers and Flight Discount Code were over $200 that should have been applied to my reservation. Is there any way to get them to refund the amount back to my card? They told me the only thing I could do is use them for a future flight. That is what I was trying to do from the beginning.