FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)
Old Oct 12, 2020, 6:59 am
fotographer

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes
Two items related to my JFK-DOH-JRO Award Flight for Nov 3 disappeared from my FF account when I checked this morning.

First - There was no active notification from AA or Qatar, although the AA agent confirmed Qatar had cancelled the reservation Sept 30th. She said AA is working through a backlog of notifications and would have eventually notified me by phone. I've been checking status every few weeks, as this will be 4th Award reservation to "disappear" from my account since June. Not receive a cancellation or change notice, but simply disappear. Within 30 days of flight date, this may have had substantial financial ramifications if I wasn't waiting until the 11th hour to book accommodations. Everyone, check your accounts frequently for status!

Second - the agent said the reason for the cancellation was Qatar has suspended DOH-JRO service. I thought the agent was mistaken - the availability calendar shows several dates in November, even the following day, Nov 4th. She couldn't explain this. It does seem logical though Qatar would have simply changed by departure date from the 3rd to 4th, rather than cancel the ticket outright, if they were still servicing DOH-JRO. Thoughts? Should I simply rebook or is it likely the agent is correct and there's a deeper change that hasn't caught up with AA's calendar yet?
with Qatar.. you could do what I am doing.. calling every time after a change to see what else opens up...
and just remember you will not get notified of any change... that is up to us to check